This event has passed.
February 4, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until March 11, 2017
Family-to-Family is a free, confidential, educational program that teaches caregivers, family members, and friends how to support and advocate for individuals with serious mental illness. The course is taught by a team of trained NAMI family member volunteers who know what it’s like to have a loved one struggling with mental illness. The program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to an individual living with a mental health condition. In the program, you’ll help others and learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family
*Complimentary lunch will be provided.