NAMI: Family Support Group
February 22, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization. NAMI provides advocacy, education, support, and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives. Family Support Groups were launched in 1999, and are available in 47 states, Canada, and Mexico.
What is a NAMI Family Support Group?
- A FREE confidential support group for loved ones of people living with mental illness
- NAMI Family Support Group fosters group discussion and interaction
- Lead by trained volunteer facilitators who have a loved one living with mental illness
- Does not recommend or endorse any medications
- Solve problems by using the combined wisdom of group members
- Families join a caring group of people that encourage, support, and empower each other
- Families are no longer alone and have a renewed sense of hope